I had the honor of being one of the show judges for the PLITZS Fashion Marketing’s 2017 KIDS Fashion Democracy show & the Model of the Year Competition. It was a fantastic experience.
Each model brought their own style to the runway. As a judge, I was looking for the models that really captured the essence of what it is to be a model. I focused on each model’s walk, posture, energy, outfit and air of confidence.
- Walk – It’s important to have a strong walk. If not, it could be extremely distracting to the audience. For example: walking too fast or too slow, randomly stopping in the middle of the runway and flailing your arms back and forth can all take away from the moment.
- Posture – You want to keep your posture straight. Good posture often gives off a good impression in the fashion world.
- Energy – The energy a model brings to a fashion show is essential. You want to give off a positive vibe through your facial expressions and body language.
- Outfit – Each model showed 3 outfits: a white shirt & jeans, a bathing suit and evening attire. For these fashion shows, picking the right outfit which fits you well only enhances your overall appearance on the runway.
- Confidence – Confidence is key. I want to see that you feel comfortable in your own skin while walking on the runway and keeping that confidence while posing in front of the camera.
Congratulations to everyone who competed!
The shows took place in the heart of Manhattan at Hotel Pennsylvania on January 7th. PLITZS Fashion Marketing connects the fashion world to diversity, affordability and creativity.